We hope the following information is shared with friends and families, and that using common sense and applying these tips will help you have a crime free holiday.
– Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car. Set your alarm or use an anti-theft device.
– Be aware of your surroundings; don’t get caught walking and texting or talking on your cell phone, not paying attention to what’s going on around you.
– Park as close as you can to your destination and take notice of where you parked.
– Never leave your car unoccupied with the motor running or with children inside.
– Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car, keep them out of sight.
– Be sure to locate your keys prior to going to your car and have them in your hand. If you feel that something is not right, use the panic button to bring attention to your car.
– Keep a secure hold on your purse, handbag and parcels. Do not put them down or on top of the car in order to open the door.
– Ask mall or store security for an escort before leaving your shopping location.
– Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
– Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
– Stay alert! Be vigilant! Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season.