Extra-duty Officer Employment
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Chandler AZ Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective April 18, 2022.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK(r), or calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the vendor:
Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK(r) software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the vendor, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 vendor service
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment:
Officers will not work off duty in the following circumstances:
- Liquor/bar-type establishments where the sale of intoxicating beverages is more than incidental and/or there is a significant likelihood that off-duty officers will come into contact with intoxicated individuals
- Civil process service
- Traffic accident reconstruction for insurance companies or private persons if the accident has been or will be investigated by the Chandler Police Department
- Polygraph examination/CVSA on any case that has or may be investigated by the Chandler Police Department
- DEPARTMENT RECORDS AND RESOURCES: Officers will not use information, reports, records, files, or any other departmental resources in any off-duty employment
|Title||Hourly Rate||Admin Fee||Total Hourly Rate|
|City Workmen’s Comp||$2.50||11%||$2.78|
2 Hour Minimum Per Request
3 Hour Minimum Paid to Officers If Shift is Canceled
*Supervisor Rate: for Sgt. and above.
Supervisor required when four or more officers are requested.
1. Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled, vendors canceling or reducing an assignment within 24 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of a) Officer’s hours worked or b) The agency minimum hours plus the ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment.
2. Attention Broker: You will be contacted via email by ODM if your submitted/approved shift has not been filled 24 hours prior to start time.
YOU CAN REQUEST SERVICE BY VISITING THE OFFICERTRAK® WEBSITE LINK: https://odm.officertrak.com/Chandler-AZ-PD
OR CALL OFF DUTY MANAGEMENT 24/7 TOLL-FREE AT 1-877-636-8300