- Make sure to bring a flashlight and cellular phone on your trick-or-treat outing
- If the lights are out at the house, pass it up
- Be mindful of the street names and addresses on your trick-or-treating route
- Be careful crossing the street!
- Accompany your child on his or her trick-or-treat outing
- Do not allow your child to accept anything that appears inappropriate or suspicious
- Stay inside at dusk
- Inspect your child’s candy before they eat it (The PIO office will gladly take any suspicious Twix & Snickers off your hands)
- Drive extra careful in neighborhoods
- Don’t drive while wearing bulky costumes
- Be aware; law enforcement agencies Valleywide are holding enhanced DUI patrols on Halloween night; if alcohol consumption is part of your celebration, designate a driver.