Volunteers in Policing Unit
We are not accepting any volunteer applications at this time.
Please check back in June 2022 to see when we will open this backup.
How do I become a Volunteer?
Because some volunteer positions involve direct access to law enforcement information on the same basis as paid staff, and because all volunteers have occasional access to law enforcement information, the Chandler Police Department has a formal recruiting and screening process.
The process is listed below:
- An extensive application, similar to what a police officer applicant fills out
- An oral interview by a panel of police department employees
- A background check
- A polygraph test
- Note: There is no charge for any part of this process, including fingerprinting
Please understand that you can not assist in the Police Department without going through and completing this entire process first.
The mission of the Chandler Police Department’s Volunteers in Policing (VIP) program is to provide support/resources to our personnel and our citizens as well as be great Ambassadors for everyone that we serve.
We value our volunteers’ diversity of skills, abilities, education, and life experiences which they nobly donate to our department and the community members that we serve for. Joining our ranks from all walks of life are students, interns, retirees, stay-at-home parents and working professionals.
The Chandler Police VIPs give back to our community in very special ways including but not limited to the areas listed below.
Volunteer positions include:
- Dispatch aide
- DUI task force
- Police cadet advisor
- General clerical assistant
- Fleet assist
- Telephone warrant compliance
- Victim services
Motorist Assist volunteers are assigned to some of these functions and work with our patrol officers/supervisors:
- Respond to stranded motorists
- Assist officers at collision scenes
- Respond to other calls for service
- Respond to parking violations
- Assist with vehicle lockouts
- Patrol the neighborhoods of Chandler
For more information please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Lisa Moran at: email@example.com or (480) 782-4909